RE: Polymer Plate 80% screen Weirdness Solved!

From: Baird, Darryl ^lt;dbaird@umflint.edu>
Date: 02/17/04-06:47:50 AM Z

Nothing new with these plates. They're made in Japan by Toyobo (sp?),
stocked in the USA by Anderson-Vreeland and have been the darlings of
the photopolymer intaglio resurgence. When I lived in Dallas, I used
to drive over to the warehouse to pick these up.

http://www.andersonvreeland.com

I also suggest looking at the Miraclon MS152 product sold by Gene
Becker in NY state. Both these products will hold a fine dot.

http://www.photopolymerplates.com/photopoly.htm

As to these having the "quality" of no plate tone, I'd submit that
quality is relative to the experience of the user. Wiping plates is
one of the skills we acquire when using ink on any plates. Your
mileage may vary...

Darryl