Polymer Plate 80% screen Weirdness Solved!

From: Jon Lybrook ^lt;jon@terabear.com>
Date: 02/17/04-01:29:48 AM Z

Generic Baby Powder did the trick. No more Newton Rings.

As Jan suggested, I covered the plate reasonably well, then dumped it off
into the sink, tapping the edge a few times to remove most of the powder.
I then used a wide hake brush to dust it off, front and back until clean
before carrying the plate into the studio to expose to the screen, then to
the image.

Thanks again for all the insight and kind encouragement.

Incidentally, I'm trying out some relatively new (?) plates from Box Car
Press. They are supposed to have no plate tone (that is, residual ink
left in areas that don't have tone in the original image). The instructor
at the Denver Art Student's League where I'm taking a class said they were
worth a try, so I'm trying them! Box Car calls them "EcoEtch gravure
plates for photogravure", Printight model number KM 73. Has anyone else
used these?

http://www.boxcarpress.com/cgi-local/shop.pl/page=polymer.htm

Jon