Re: Rockland Halo Chrome

From: Jack Fulton ^lt;jefulton1@comcast.net>
Date: 02/17/04-10:24:40 PM Z

Well, the first thought is to check "The World Journal of Post-Factory
Photography" (WJP-FP), issues #3 & 6.
Also, purchase a respirator with a cartridge which will filter out the
ammonia. Mine was bought through Grainger and is a North Z550030M. I
used the cartridge 75SC. If you are going to use it solely for ammonia,
you should purchase a cartridge specialized just for ammonia. The 75SC
cartridge is for mixed vapors.

Rapid fix ought not be used.
The time it takes to 'plate' the image varies partly due to temperature
and the amount of plating to be done.
Various manufacturers create different paper emulsions and these cause
the image to be plated either gold or silver.
I believe the Mitsubishi paper is the only one to go silver. The others
go gold.
RC papers work the best.
Do not use the solution more than once.
I use more than recommended.