Re: Sandy King's Note about UV density of film base

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 02/18/04-08:54:32 AM Z

Mark,

The note I posted about UV blocking applied to Kodak TMAX 100 film ,
and it was based on a densitometer reading in UV mode. At this point
I have not determined if the base UV log density of 1.0 is an
effective printing density for UV radiation or if it is merely an
anomalous blocking at a certain narrow wave length.

BTW, I did not observe this kind of blocking with either TMAX 400 nor
TRI-X 320, and I tested new boxes of these films recently.

Sandy