Re: miraclon plates

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 02/19/04-08:28:07 AM Z

Shannon,
What is miracle gel? Does it have any water content? If so, it'll dissolve
the plate. I just use plain old etching ink, or if I need to use the litho
ink, easy wipe. No oil, either.
I do find if I am not careful with the tarlatan it'll scratch the plate, esp
if it has leftover hardened ink in it. I switched to a softer cheesecloth.
But this is all solarplate, not miraclon.
However this is not my area of expertise, of course (if you can't already
tell). I'm hoping I will come close by the end of the semester but I doubt
it. Thank heavens we are talking about this online or where would we find
this stuff out, save for taking an $800 workshop?
Chris