Re: Scanning for Stitching with Vuescan

From: steve_lewis@sbcglobal.net
Date: 02/21/04-12:15:17 PM Z

Sandy, I feel your pain. I'm about half way through a project of scanning
260 5x7 glass plates on my 2450 and I'm having the same problem. I have had
some success by setting clipping to 0, the color adjustment is set to none,
the white point to 0 and the leaving remaining sliders on the color
adjustment screen set at 1.

I asked Ed about this and here's his response:

You also need to lock the film base color. It's varying with
each scan, which causes the problem you're seeing.

This is described in more detail in the VueScan User's Guide,
in the "Advanced Workflow Suggestions" section.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick