Re: Clearprint Vellum

From: Stephen Harrison ^lt;sh@stephenharrison.com>
Date: 02/22/04-09:39:37 AM Z

I have had problems with black pits for years and years in platinum.
It is always a problem and I suspect is has to do with metallic
filings and contaminates in the paper fibers.

I use foam brushes with no metal ferrules.
I filter all of my chemistry with a suction filter to eliminate
extrinsic sources of metal especially in the ferric oxalate
Some of the newer papers designed for platinum have less metallic
contaminates than the clearpoint papers.

My guess it that the translucent papers not designed for platinum
are more contaminated with metallic filings than those papers that
are designed more for platinum.

The pits cannot be retouched especially if they occur as a black pit
in a white sky where they seem to gravitate to drive the printer nuts

Stephen Harrison

--
www.talismanpress.com