Re: btzs tubes and clearing kodak films

From: Eric Nelson ^lt;emanmb@yahoo.com>
Date: 02/26/04-03:25:41 PM Z

Although unattractive, I've been assured by Kodak that
a little purple in their t-max doesn't harm anything
assuming the stain is even. Although given the recent
discussion on UV blockage from t-max, I won't say this
is the case for alt printing having never tested it.

I use Jobo tanks and don't have this problem but the
bottom line in clearing the purple stain from t-max is
fixing. Hypo clear only will remove the remainder of
the stain fixing leaves behind.
Kodak Rapid fixer has a 60 roll capacity per gallon
and if you exceed that, you will get more and more
stain as you continue to use it beyond that capacity.
The film will be fixed enough but the ability to
remove the stain will diminish. The stain will remain
no matter how much hypo clearing u do after using
"t-max exhausted" fixer. FYI, The fixer capacity is
DOUBLE that with non-t-grain emulsions.

Eric Nelson
http://www.eman-photo.com/