Re: Is anyone using Dave Soemarko's LC-1 to develop lith film?

From: Dave Soemarko ^lt;fotodave@dsoemarko.us>
Date: 01/08/04-10:42:17 AM Z

Charles,

The mottling problem could be because of too little developer used (so the
solution got exhausted fast) or too much developer (so proper agitation is
difficult). You could try using the amount that when you lift up a side of
the tray, almost half of the sheet would be "uncovered." The recommendated
agitation by Kodak is lifting left, front, right, and then front again
although for 5x7 tray you could go left, front, right, back.

The bromide drag is a separate problem which cannot be solved by the
developer alone. Judy described brush agitation in the Journal which you can
consider using if you are using manual agitation. With drum, some method of
disturbing the flow of the developer is needed. Cor Bruekel devised some
method of adding a strip in the drum. It is hard to describe by words (maybe
Cor could help?) but basically you want to cause turbulance in the drum
instead of nice flowing which would cause the drag.

Dave