Re: silvery sheen & fisheyes

From: Clay Harmon ^lt;wcharmon@wt.net>
Date: 01/08/04-11:22:34 AM Z

Is the sheen only in the deep shadowed areas? If so, I'm guessing it
may be like the so-called bronzing that you can sometimes get when
printing palladium. It seems to be caused by too much light hitting too
little sensitizer/metal. In palladium printing, it can be usually be
solved by double coating and being very careful not to overexpose. I
have run into the same problem occasionally with VDB's made with very
high contrast negatives where the deep shadow areas were really blasted
with UV in order to get the highlights to print with some detail.
Usually toning prior to fixing would take care of the problem.

Clay