Re: silvery sheen & fisheyes

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 01/08/04-10:54:59 PM Z

Clay,

I think your point is interesting. I have heard the terms "solarization",
"reversal", "silvering out", "bronzing" used for, I think, the same issue.
Someone please correct me if these terms are not synonomous.

I was having some problem with this issue with pure Palladium. I was trying
to print as long a tonal range as I could get with it—thus using small
amounts of Na2. I noticed the reversal effect in the margins, where no Pictorico
or image was masking the thinner brush strokes. Later, when I learned more
about the great importance of humidity (thanks mostly to meeting Carl Weese and
visiting his home in CT), the problem went away after purchasing a 3,000
gallon/minute industrial humidifier.... well maybe not that big...I also would lay
the paper on top of the humidifier for about 20 minutes prior to coating to
let it "soak up" a bit. When it started to go limp, it seemed ready....unlike
other aspects of life. I also cut down on my drying time after coating.
These all seemed to help... but then again, it could have been that I was
wearing my lucky undershorts.

Mark Nelson