RE: Gold Chloride

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@yahoo.com>
Date: 01/09/04-12:53:13 AM Z

Agustin, I recall Cor mentioning diluted toner amount as little as 100ml
for a 8x10" print in a flat bottomed tray. So, your 500ml assumption may
be ample. (This depends much on tray size of course)

Anyway, I couldn't manage to find Tetenal Gold Toner in Turkey (it seems
people prefer Selenium to tone their prints for archival purposes) - the
distributor doesn't stock it because there's no demand for it. I
couldn't persuade them to import a "sample" (they say they must order it
as a 12 pack). So, I will have to use KAuCl2 to tone my Van Dykes. Cor,
can you please do the calculation for me? What is the multiplier I have
to use when replacing AuCl3 with KAuCl2 in formulas? (I know you said I
can tone by visual inspection but I want to be more precise)

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Loris.