success!

From: epona ^lt;acolyta@napc.com>
Date: 01/09/04-10:20:26 AM Z

I have found the holy grail of papers and it's name is Buxton.

This paper is simply luscious, the fine silk of the paper world. It is
white and a little on the delicate-thin side, with some tooth. I
received some in the mail last night and made a quick test print. I
won't say it's solved all my problems, only prozac could do that, :)
but the coating of sensitizer is visibly smoother. My Dmax is a rich
chocolate brown (yummy), and my exposure time was cut in half! There
is a very tiny amount of the bronzing we've been discussing on the
edges where the sensitizer was thinly coated. I read in Dick Stevens'
tome on Kallitype last night he attributes this to not enough silver in
the sensitizer! But after reading Mark Nelson's account, I think I'll
start by adding a humidifier. I'll let you know if that helps.

I also purchased some Rives BFK today and will test that as well.
Thanks so much everyone for all your advice; you've been a boon.

Cheers,
Christine

"Crazy" is a term of art: "Insane" is a term of Law. Remember that, and
you will save yourself a lot of trouble.
      ~ Hunter S. Thompson