Re: VanDykes & Gold-Thiourea Toner / my experiment - comments please?

From: Richard Urmonas ^lt;rurmonas@tpg.com.au>
Date: 01/14/04-02:57:09 AM Z

Quoting Loris Medici <loris_medici@yahoo.com>:

> I mixed my own Gold-Thiourea Toner using the formula in Wynn White's
> article @ unblinkingeye.com
> (http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/Vandyke/vandyke.html):
>
> Gold Chloride (1% solution) - 12.5 ml
> Thiourea (1% solution) - 12.5 ml
> Tartaric Acid - 0.12 gm
> Distilled Water to make - 250.0 ml
> Sodium Chloride - 5.0 gm

<-- snip -->

Loris,

It sound like there is somthing wrong with your toner.
I have used this formula, and found it works much like Wynn White
describes. The image tones quite evenly, though the shaddows always
look browner as it is toning. I always fully tone (to a purple-black tone)
and the only change I see from print to print is that the toning time
slowly increases as the toner is used up.

Richard

--
Richard Urmonas