RE: good source for UV tubes?

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 01/14/04-06:16:34 PM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

>But what you say here about contrast differences is not so readily
>explained & directly opposite to my findings... and since the mechanism of
>gum printing is actually quite different from the mechanism of carbon I
>suggest some qualifications might apply. I suppose it might have happened
>in carbon (and you don't say you did gum), but I anyway am convinced
>(pending of course independent verification) that we inhabit two different
>planets.

You may be right about the planets. As I recall you reported that
your tests indicated that it was possible to control contrast with
vandyke by adding potassium dichromate to the water during
development. Or was it directly to the sensitizer? That never worked
for me at all.

Also, I think you reported that your dichromate solutions went bad
even when stored in distilled water. This has never happened to me
and I have been storing dilution solutions this way for years. I have
about 15-20 solutions of different strength solutions under the
cabinet right now, and some of them have been there for well over two
or three years.

So the different planet theory sounds good to me.

Sandy