Re: And how sharp I am was/Re: Temperaprint & Gum

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 01/31/04-02:55:09 AM Z

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Ryuji Suzuki wrote:

> If one knows what are the limits on sharpness of his/her material,
> which is, say, entirely too much, and this person chooses an inferior
> technique for a good reason, that is rational. If one's material and
> technique lack enough sharpness and need a reason to be happy with it,
> that's suspicious. (Same for archivalness, Dmax, whatever.)

Again, IMO, you set up a false syllogism, or contrived dichotomy. Who gets
to approve the "good reason"? What if my reasons are good to me and bad to
you? Is there a committee? And who defines "inferior technique"?
Kodak? Now you declare "that's suspicious." What do you *suspect*? That
some artist hasn't properly toed the line? Oh feh !

J.