Re: Editioning and trying to make identical prints

From: Tom Ferguson ^lt;tomf2468@pipeline.com>
Date: 07/05/04-04:35:47 PM Z

Here you open up a whole different conversation: pre versus post
visualization. I'm mostly in agreement with you.

I think I only have one image that I've released to the galleries in
two versions (11x14 silver or 4x5 platinum) and in that case the
edition of 25 was for the combination, only 25 prints will be made
(about 8 silver and 12 platinum so far). So I can make 5 more, silver
or platinum, according to what is requested. I was conflicted when I
shot the image, so had two sets of negs with two sets of development,
and ended up liking both.

Other than a rare case as above, I too always know the process before
the shutter is fired. Just how I (and my poor brain) work.

Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com