RE: Platinum Particles (RE: Drying Pt/Pd. prints)

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 07/05/04-04:53:44 PM Z

Jeffrey, The sizing? Interesting. I have not had access to or need to, heat
just sizing other than the "magic" deionized ossnien (sp?) that B&S sold a
few years back ( may still sell, I don't know) to be used with platinum
prints. The smell was unchanged from paper to paper, even those with
different types of sizing. That is why I supposed it to be the solution.
That and once I tried warming the solution in a micro wave with photoflo
added to it, way back in the early 80 to try and coat a 24x30 piece of
paper. The smell was identical to that coming off the print when using a
hair dryer to begin the drying process on the large sheets. It was shortly
after I tried coating these large sheets with hair driers that I began to
wear a full face mask with respirators when working with the
platinum/palladium coating process.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9