plate holder woes (again)

From: Jon Danforth ^lt;jdanforth@sc.rr.com>
Date: 07/06/04-12:45:53 PM Z

After my latest dead end (see below), I'm now, again, at a loss on where to
get plate holders for my modern 8x10 camera. I sent the e-mail below to the
Star Camera Company and I just don't understand the reply. Could someone
help me to understand why this guy seems to be implying that I'm an idiot?
I don't plan on doing wet-plate collodion and I don't plan on making
glass-plate negatives... maybe the definition of tin type that I'm working
from is different than his?

Could someone please tell me if what I'm after is even possible? Do any of
you work with plate holders that fit into a regular spring-clip back on a
modern view camera? Can I buy one or borrow one to replicate? I'm going
out of my mind trying to find plate holders.