Re: plate holder woes (again)

From: jack reisland ^lt;reislandj001@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: 07/06/04-02:24:20 PM Z

This reasoning does not seem logical. If the tin plate holder is properly
constructed, the front surface of the tin plate will be exactly in line
with the original film plane. The thickness of the plate has nothing to do
with it, since the extra thickness extends backward from the film plane,
not forward somehow into the camera. If all other sources fail, the
instructions for making plate holders in t he book "Primitive Photography"
could be modified to make a rather crude but serviceable single sided plate
holder.

Jack Reisland