Re: Inkjet Transparencies Scratching

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 07/10/04-02:53:53 PM Z

Nick,

The Epson 2200 used the Ultrachrome pigmented ink set and the C-84
Dura-Brite pigmented inks. The Dura-Brites are more vivid than the
Ultrachrome inks and prints from the C-84 have more saturated colors.
The Dura-Brite inks also absorb more UV light than the Ultrachrome
set, which is why they give more contrasty negatives, as Chris
observed.

The C-84 is really a great little printer for the money and is
capable of making outstanding negatives on Pictorico for alternative
processes, though with the caveat that in my initial work with it the
negatives appear to be slightly grainer than those made with the 2200.

Sandy King