RE: Gum Tri-Color

From: Kate M ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 07/12/04-06:26:09 PM Z

Ah, this is more like it – the individual effects we get from alt
processes are the interesting thing about it. That we strive for
technical understanding is also good, but if we all printed on the same
paper using the same negs with the same pigments wouldn’t we lose some
of the excitement??? I think, but will probably be corrected, that this
whole thing started because people were getting brown blacks in gum……now
I get this effect sometimes and (to me) it isn’t a pretty look – so I
understand the wish to fine tune the process to get better blacks.
Kate