Re: Gum Tri-Color

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 07/12/04-10:04:30 PM Z

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 wrleigh@att.net wrote:

> It was not an order, it was a simple request (note the use of the word
> "please".) However, I still stand by my previous statements that
> regardless of how you compute conversions and what the K in CMYK stands
> for, I still doubt that you can get a pure black from just C + M + Y.

There seems an assumption in this discussion that there is such a thing as
a *pure* black. Which black is that? You can brush out ivory black, lamp
black, vine black, jet black, mars black, and probably 6 others I'm not
thinking of right now, and each will be different, and will further vary
from brand to brand. So-called ivory black, BTW, is quite brown... at
least the ones I've used.

Judy