Re: alternatives to matte board in framing?

From: altprinter ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 07/15/04-11:45:45 AM Z

Jon,

I beleive the product you are looking for is called Frame Space or something like that, however it may only work with metal (Neilsen) frames.

As for an over matte have you looked at Crescent #1607 Antique White? The color matches natural white colored papers and may be acceptable to use with warmtone papers. You can find it at Pearl's Art supply, a 32x40 sheet is about $12 or so if I recall the price correctly. It has a smooth surface texture and a white core that doesn't match the surface color

Don Bryant