RE: Question on Metal Halide

From: Kate M ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 07/15/04-05:07:55 PM Z

Hi Keith, I'm using a mercury vapour lamp originally installed up high
in a factory ceiling.....now I'm using it quite close to the paper for
gum printing and getting about a 18" circle of light (with a large outer
halo - I mean useable consistent light). The most time I've had to use
for a print is 1 1/2 mins, and I'm thinking of lifting it to get more
control. The lamp cost me $NZ 75 from a junk store, and the bulbs are
readily available for about $NZ50. I'm very satisfied with the results
from this lamp, which are indistinguishable as far as I can see from
daylight. Also, it doesn't create much heat at all. I'll find the brand
sticker and send you the details.

Kate