Re: Question on Metal Halide

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 07/15/04-05:08:47 PM Z

Keith,

If you use a 1000 watt metal halide lamp at 40" from the printing
frame your exposures should be fairly short, and the circle of
coverage should allow up to about 20X24" prints with minimal fall-off
at the corners.

However, if I were looking for a light at this time my first search
would be on ebay for something like a NuARc 261K. Or check out the
unit Ed mentions. You can probably actually save money by buying a
new platemaker than by building or assembling your own. These things
are going for peanuts on ebay.

Sandy