Re: Some points of ponder

From: MARTINM ^lt;martinm@SoftHome.net>
Date: 07/16/04-02:48:06 AM Z

There are two things I would like to add to your very thorough explanations:

1) Adding another dye to an already dye sensitized emulsion might turn out
in practice to be difficult.
What about fully exposing and developing the film, applying a rehalogenating
bleach and then re-sensitize in a IR dye bath?

2) Since colloidal silver is said to shift the sensitizing wavelength to the
red and NIR (I think up to 800 nm or so), wouldn't it make sense to slightly
pre-expose the emulsion and subsequently carry out colloidal development?
The colloidal developer might be formed of a very diluted (say 1 : 100)
standard
developer.

Martin