Re: comments on Fuji Finepix S7000

From: Jack Fulton ^lt;jefulton1@comcast.net>
Date: 07/16/04-05:46:34 PM Z

Denny:
        I know nary a thing re Royal and was more doing Gord a favor by
hunting stuff down for him. AND, the reason I had no manual was that
the Olympus distributor loaned me the camera. The Royal people say the
packaging is new and complete. Phone 'em and ask to see what actually
is provided.
        Frankly, I like the camera. The only glitch is the finder is video.
Their premier camera, the E-1 is really a nice instrument. It is also
being loaned. We ran a comparison and noted the E-1 is both sharper and
provides slightly better contrast and tonal separation. However, I feel
the quality of the 8080, being able to make nice 13x19 imagery easily
is a fine buy anywhere near $600 . . even $700.
        The Canon Rebel is the one to beat, really. But, to obtain the most
from it one should purchase the good Canon lenses and they are
expensive. If there is a caveat to what I write, the rumor, from
Olympus, is that they wish to bring forth this Fall a "Rebel Beater". i
shall wait and see. Meanwhile, i work w/the 8080.
        Best
        Jack Fulton