Re: Some points of ponder

From: Susan Huber ^lt;shuber@ssisland.com>
Date: 07/18/04-12:18:42 AM Z

Hi Timo,
Hope you are recovering well?
Susan.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Timo Sund" <timo@palaios.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 12:29 PM
Subject: Re: Some points of ponder

Jalo Porkkala wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what about modifying a normal light meter for reading **UV** levels, does
this sound possible. Or is there any other simple way to determine UV
content of sunlight on a given day?

> I ask because I print with the sun, sometimes shining from clear blue sky,
sometimes through light cloud cover, at different times of day, etc ...

> I've tried to use normal exposure meter, but of course it doesn't tell
much about UV. Surely I use test strips, and with cyano and vandyke it's
quite easy to judge the exposure from printing-out image, but it would be
nice (and time saving) to measure the exposure times ;-)

IŽd too like a lot trustworthy method of measuring UV-/IR levels at
various lightning conditions.

Might try more IR-shots + cyanotypes after recovering from recent
brainsurgery I had fortnight ago.

--
Timo Sund
Palaios Photos