Re: Gelatin hardening question

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 07/18/04-12:15:47 AM Z

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> Thanks, Tom, this is exactly the info I needed.
>
> I wonder why all of a sudden this fact became apparent in the late 70's;

It may not have become *apparent* so much as *relevant*. Gum printing (&
other hand-coated processes that lead to resizing of "artists" paper) had
fallen into disuse by the 1930s or even earlier... and the concern with
*archivality* -- just like the concern for, say, cholesterol -- was mild
until about the '70s as well.

Judy