Re: typeface to go with photographs of various kinds

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 07/26/04-09:48:24 AM Z

From: Kris Erickson <kris.erickson@utoronto.ca>
Subject: Re: typeface to go with photographs of various kinds
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 08:37:30 -0400

> Sorry, I didn't mean to duck the question; it's just if you're talking
> about aesthetics and the decision making that goes into organizing a
> body of work, it's a really big question... bear with me.

Actually I think setting the tone with brush stroke and hand written
letters is interesting. (I bet it's very hard to write roman letters
with soft brush and ink. I had to spend many hours of writing Japanese
with it but I need a hard tip to write roman letters.)

Maybe I shoud've included more analogous examples to what I am
thinking about. And it was a big question but I didn't expect complete
answers anyway. It's like pairing wine to the main course and coffee
to the dessert, given the same set of factors, there may be several
well reasoned possibilities. So I am mostly interested in those
elements that should be considered... a competent designer can
recommend the rest (probably) and this part is probably a wrong topic
in this list anyway.