Re: typeface to go with photographs of various kinds

From: PhotoGecko Austin ^lt;gecko@photogecko.com>
Date: 07/27/04-10:47:36 PM Z

Judy, you Go Girl!

I generally pick whichever font is on top. . . and if that doesn't look
right I pick the next one down. . . or the next one down from that one.
. . and so forth, until I get one that *I like*. I mean, the font is
exactly not the point.

As for faces, I generally pick whichever one is on top. . . and if that
doesn't look right I pick the next one down. . . or the next one down
from that one. . . . I mean, there are so many faces to choose from,
right? Some have prominent ears. Some have cowlicks. Some are
blinking, and some are licking their lips. Some are sans ears or
cowlicks or eyes or lips-- I dunno. I particularly like the ones
without well defined chins. There just seem to be more fascinating
faces than fonts to choose from.

I have no idea (and I mean this, I don't know beans) about the world's
current default typeface. . . . but I'm pretty sure it's not in my font
list, whatever it is. I refuse to pay the price.

I can tell you that Zapf Chancery and I went to high school together.
Nobody liked him back then, either. He was voted Most Likely To Not
Matter. He was that type of guy, you know?

Hey, does anybody remember the original question?

Best regards,
John
John Campbell
PhotoGecko Studios & Gallery