RE: Question(s) for Ziatype practitioners

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@yahoo.com>
Date: 07/28/04-02:28:51 AM Z

Don, thank you very much for the valuable information... You're I should
probably purchase TNPP - because I'm serious about Ziatype... I want it
to be my standard printing method. Will use only LiPd; I didn't like
what I read about Cesium :) So I have to do it without Cesium (if it's
possible of course!)

BTW, I found the Ziatype article in B&S site which says 50% LiPdCl4 +
25% AuCl3 (5%) + 25% NaOW (16%) may yield split tones. My assumption of
6drops LiPdCl4 + 4drops KAuCl3 + 2drops 40% NaOW is close to that - but
not the same, there's more gold in the drop formula in my original post.
So, probably will try it that formula first (diluting some of my NaOW to
16%).

Our humidity level is around %60 - %90 in the summer (Istanbul, Turkey
see the chart @ http://www.enka.com/weather/). Do you think I should
still use the mylar? Please note that the UV printer that I use
generates considerable amnt. of heat - I standardised on using it not
more than 8mins, after that at least 4 mins of resting and then
continuing the exposure, again for not more than 8mins; all this for
keeping the UV output as constant as possible. Will the heat change the
paper's humidity even if the room's humidity level is adequate?

What can you say about platinum additive? How it modifies the tone and
contrast? (I guess it increased the contrast - but don't have an idea
about the color; as I LiPd alone is already neutral black according to
books I have read) I have 10ml of Platinum Solution C too (or was it
#3?) and would like to try it with Ziatypes (originally purchased for
making Satista prints - as you can see I'm trying to settle on some kind
of platinum/palladium printing method; will try them and stay with the
most I like).

Thanks again,
Loris.