Re: Thinking of building a UV contact box...

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 07/29/04-10:12:38 AM Z

From: Jeff Dilcher <dilcher@hiddenworld.net>
Subject: Re: Thinking of building a UV contact box...
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:32:54 -0400

> From some quick research, it would seem that AZO in Amidol might
> be a good combo. Any comments? Any preferred vendor for the AZO or
> Amidol? I noticed Photog's Forumulary has a couple of Amidol paper
> developers, one entitled something like "Weston's"- not sure which
> one I should probably start with.

AZO and amidol combination is a well known dogma but not universally
supported. Some think chlorobromide papers processed in standard PQ,
MQ or phenidone-ascorbate print developers are just as good. You can
try both and decide for yourself, but it's only fair to compare bests
of both types, not the best of one and a so-so or crap of the other.

Or, you could figure out what kind of final product you want and wark
backward from there.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"You have to realize that junk is not the problem in and of itself.