Re: Thinking of building a UV contact box...

From: altprinter ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 07/29/04-11:20:11 AM Z

Ryuji,

> AZO and amidol combination is a well known dogma but not universally
> supported.
> Some think chlorobromide papers processed in standard PQ,
> MQ or phenidone-ascorbate print developers are just as good.

Azo generally looks like crap (putting it very politely) processed in a PQ developer.
And from what I've read and heard from other frequent AZO users most other standard metol based developers don't perform as well as Michael A. Smith's amidol formula.

As far as the Amidol - AZO combination, I don't regard that as dogma.

The biggest downside to using amidol is it's exspense.

Don Bryant