Re: Re: Digital negative - was: Re: Thinking of building a UV contact box...

From: Sam Wang ^lt;stwang1@bellsouth.net>
Date: 07/29/04-03:25:10 PM Z

Hi Jack,

You are absolutely right - you can buy a nice book for $20, or $295, if it's just a nice book that you
wanted. I feel that Mark's book is more like an in-depth workshop - you learn about not just how to
arrive at your solutions but understand the reasons behind the steps. That's the part that's valuable.

Of course it does take the concentration of several days to work it out (maybe I'm just slow). For some
people that may be too much. Remember all those students that you must have had who would say
they used the Zone System but kept getting unprintable negatives, and would have been better off
using all automatic cameras? Well, Mark's book would indeed be a waste of money for them.

Sam