Re: NEED YOUR HELP RE: Curves for various Alt Processes

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 07/30/04-09:51:30 PM Z

Dan,

I purchased some of the PGHG material for making digital negatives
for AZO with the Epson 2200. When I received the film I measured it
with a densitometer and found that it measured about log 1.17,
approximately log 1.00 more than clear OHP. This amounts to about 3
1/2 stops of light loss for silver printing with AZO, compared to
OHP. Am I on track with my estimation of the exposure increase one
should expect with the PGHG material in comparison to OHP.

Second, just a comment. I recall that you remarked somewhere in the
past that the PGHG material is no good for printing with alternative
processes requiring exposure to UV light. Wow, you are really right
about that. I could not get any reading of PGHG film with my
densitometer in UV mode, even though it reads up to a log density of
6.1.

Sandy