RE: hanging a show on brick

From: Catherine Rogers ^lt;crogers@optusnet.com.au>
Date: 07/30/04-08:43:14 PM Z

Chris, Liam,

My experience with velcro on brick is not good. The fuzzy velcro
sides stick together really well, but the brick and the sticky side don't.
Uneven surface is a BIG problem and, further, if the brick is not sealed
(but I assume it is) even a slightly crumbly, sandy kind of surface is
hopeless for any kind of sticky stuff. If it is just paper you are putting
straight onto the wall, there is a terrific archival double sided tape
available - and it actually comes off the paper cleanly afterwards too.

Drilling, rawl plugs and screws is the safest option IMO. Then, after
everything
is sold, fill the holes with good old Spakfilla (I have no idea what it's
called in the US.) Great stuff, I'll send you some if you like. I reckon
over 50% of the content of the walls of the gallery I show at is
primarily composed of Spakfilla.

Cheers
Catherine

> Chris,
>
> Here's a stupid idea that shouldn't cost much. What about self-adhesive
> velcro, which I believe can be bought by the yard or metre off a roll?
> ("Velcro" in the UK, that is; if you don't know what I'm talking about,
I'll