Re: Liquid Emulsion & paper

From: henk thijs ^lt;henk.thijs@hetnet.nl>
Date: 06/06/04-10:11:34 AM Z

>Thanks, all, for the quick replies to my quandry. I stuck the
>thermometer in my solutions and -- mea culpa! -- the temperature was
>about 75 degrees F. (After all these years of doing silver
>printing, I thought I had a pretty accurate "internal"
>thermometer.) I will try again with cooler processing solutions and
>a non-hardening fix...I had hoped to tone the prints, so avoiding
>hardener would be preferable.
>
>Am I tempting fate by using a rapid fixer at a non-rapid (1:9)
>dilution? I so prefer the convenience of liquid fixers.
>
>Henk, you mention P-F# 9 having something about liquid emulsion, but
>did you mean P-F# 3? Although I have not yet read every word of # 9
>(which I am savoring), I did not notice anything about liquid
>emulsion.
>
>Also, I would be very interested in paper recommendations from those
>on the list using liquid emulsion applied to paper. I prefer a
>warmer tone, and like the Fabriano Artistico, though the only one
>available at my local art store is hot pressed; could its lack of
>tooth be contributing to the "loss" of my emulsion? What other
>creamy colored papers might work well with liquid emulsion?

I used a lot of 300grs aquarel paper (Saunders Waterford,
Bockingford, Stonehenge, Rives, Magnani, you name it.... looking for
paper made a paper-junkie out of me.....), and the only problem I
had once was a 200 grs Zerkall (maybe due to the fact it was not
'heavy' enough), and the problem was related to bromoil, not to
print-making. All the rest worked perfect. (the last time I bought
some paper they showed me a very 'warm' Fabriano 300 grs, maybe you
could ask for it)
Cheers,
Henk

--
H e n k  T h i j s  -  P h o t o g r a p h y