RE: Imacon dust

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 06/05/04-11:16:53 PM Z

I have an action that gives me two different setting for D&S. It can be a
blurry mess if you don't pay careful attention to detail. I change opacity
as needed as well as lighten or darken to achieve just the right amount of
blur. This is more useful in portrait than with landscape where most people
are looking to see how much detail you captured as opposed to what you
selected not to see into. I changed my scanning procedures as well. I had
been putting the neg in and making my adjustments and then planned on final
inspection of neg. Well too many times, I just forgot do that last step and
had scanned my neg prior to a good cleaning. After a bit of extensive dust
spotting and good scans, I did remember to clean and clean and clean. : )

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street

Suite 9

Dallas, TX 75226