Tartaric acid in van dykes

From: Michael Healy ^lt;emjayhealy@earthlink.net>
Date: 06/07/04-11:03:09 PM Z

Stupid question time. I need some tartaric acid for VD. I don't have any, but I do
cook/bake, and so I happen to have an ample supply of Creme de la T. Their formulae
are a bit different. Does this matter for photographic purposes?

My girlfriend is wondering whether the addition of some water to Cream of T won't
maybe get rid of that dastardly K part of the formula. Should I just get off my duff and
order some TA to be safe; or is the difference merely technical?

Mike