Re: Dark reaction in dichromated colloids

From: MARTINM ^lt;martinm@SoftHome.net>
Date: 06/14/04-12:04:29 AM Z

"Yes, gelatine can't be frozen in foodstuff applications so I don't think
it could be frozen in photography - I think that's why you can't freeze
> liquid silver emulsion to keep it longer."

Certain methods to enhance silver concentration (in
silver halide emulsions) are based on "freezing and thawing". The frozen
emulsion is remelted and coated.
Freezing allows the removal of 90% water and hence increase the silver
halide/gelatin ratio.

Martin