Re: PVA for gum printing

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@yahoo.com>
Date: 06/17/04-12:12:37 PM Z

Dear Katherine,

FWIW, maybe your friend can look for high or middle viscosity water soluble
PVA adhesives used in bookbinding / lamination / glueing packaging material
and experiment. These are quite soluble in "hot" water or acetone/water
mixture (best). After finding one that works well, he can get the necessary
information about that particular PVA directly from the manufacturer. While
I was researching PVA I had encountered this document:
http://www.sagebrushcountry.com/pdfs/adhesives.pdf maybe some key sentences
in the text will provide some help choosing the right PVA for the job.

Regards,
Loris.