Re: originator of the pigment stain test

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@uslink.net>
Date: 06/25/04-09:33:41 PM Z

> Judy asked: I had in fact come across a couple of simple forerunners of
Anderson's GPR
> test in books from about the turn of the 20th century. But they included
> the dichromate... and one also included exposure. You seem to suggest that
> the Germans had a "gum pigment test" like Anderson's, without either
> dichromate *OR* exposure ??? Can you give the citation ?

Yup; no dichromate, no exposure. May 18 1906 BJP 388-390. It's out of Der
Gummidruck by Kosters, tho, the source. No page no. for Der Gummidruck.
Reviewer says Kosters says dichromate has no influence on the gradations.
The reviewer of the book says it is stuff that so far has not appeared in
English print that he was aware of.
Chris