Re: making big trays...

From: John Cremati ^lt;johnjohnc@core.com>
Date: 06/27/04-04:24:20 PM Z

Hi,
       I was in Cleveland Hermetic Supply Company the other day which is a
wholesale only Heating and Air Conditioning Supply house in Cleveland,
Ohio.. While I was there one of the counter men brought in a vary large
molded or thermoformed black plastic tray... I inquired as I had just
finished installing a Air Conditioning system where one of these would be
nice to put under the AC unit in the case of condensate leaks and under
certain applications it is required by building codes... ... He said they
are stocked in certain sizes but any size can be ordered ... It did not
dawn on me at the time that they could be used for photo use... I did not
physically check the tray so I do not know how heavy the plastic was or how
sturdy... I think that they had formed ribs on the bottom for support and
the top edge was formed and rolled.... It looked ratter nice.
     One of the problems I had experienced with large trays it the
dimensions prohibit you from shipping by UPS... You may try FEDEX to see
what their limits are...
John Cremati

http://www.hvacmall.com/listing/chs.htm