Re: fastest gum printer in the west-er-east

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 03/02/04-07:44:35 AM Z

OHHHH, Osky, I need to clarify. I first put the prints in a tray of water
face up, to soften and release the dichromate, then face down. After maybe
5 or 10 minutes, then I spray them, and give a quick final rinse after
spraying and then hang to dry. You soften the gumprint in water first
before spraying. I actually got the idea from the old books. Demachy and
Maskell believed that if you just automatically developed the print without
manipulation of a major sort, you were not using the process to its fullest
advantage :) They sprayed and sponged and droppered water and used enema
hoses (LOL). But they didn't have plastic Walmart spray bottles!
Chris