Epson 2200 printing digital negatives - use color inks or no?

From: Mike Klemmer ^lt;mklemmer@comcast.net>
Date: 03/06/04-12:10:50 PM Z

Hello all,

I'm wondering about using black vs. color inks to print up my digital negatives. I am printing up greyscale images yet seem to be burning though a lot of light magenta and light cyan ink in the process.

Are either of these color inks significantly UV opaque, or am I just wasting the ink? If I select the 'use black ink only' option in the printer settings, will this use both the black and the light black inks or only the black?

Regards,

Michael