Re: new work: chemigram transfers to polymer photogravure

From: Jon Lybrook ^lt;jon@terabear.com>
Date: 03/06/04-04:07:32 PM Z

Thanks Kate!

Yes, I did some work with polymer plates before doing that piece. I like the
word you used, 'natural'. The process I use to create the figures/textures
involves setting up an environment that works like alot of natural processes:
convection, smoke rising, cloud patterns, chaos theory in general...anything
that involves the mixing of opposites (in my case, developer and fixer atop
wonderfully rich and tonally suburb silver -- You know, the other white meat,
"Where the black is really black" TM!).

Now that I have the B&W images coming through the way I want, I'm doing a bunch
of reading now on Johannes Itten's theories of color, which I'm fascinated by.
His ideas of color and depth perception are quite insightful -- they are filling
in alot of the gaps in my arts education.

Jon