Gravure tissue

From: Richard Sullivan ^lt;richsul@earthlink.net>
Date: 03/07/04-11:19:51 AM Z

Craig,

I only took on class in gravure in the early 70's so I know what is
involved but absolutely no expertise.

Some questions.

Do you prefer the burnt sienna color? Does the color matter at all?

I am making the carbon with 250 Bloom gel which is pretty high. Would that
be a benefit? You seem to say it is?

Would a thicker tissue be of a benefit? Again that is implied in your
comments?

Haenfstengle was about 2.4 mil as I measured some once. Of course that was
one sample. I can easily make 4 mil or better.

Ashless gelatin was used in making tissue for ceramic processes so I am not
sure why Autotype is using that. I could make ashless gelatin but it is a
pain and would run the cost up.

I assume that most plates need extensive retouch work before printing

Thanks for your comments.

--Dick