Re: 6th Grader Alt-Process Recommendation

From: Janet Neuhauser ^lt;jneuhauser@silverlink.net>
Date: 03/07/04-09:51:31 PM Z

Hi Mark,

I did Oatmeal Pinhole Cameras with 75 sixth graders and it was a great
success. They brought the oatmeal boxes, we exposed with regular photo paper
and set up a darkroom in a closet with a clamplamp and a few trays. Six of
them could squeeze in at a time with me. They made paper negatives then
contact prints. We did this at a very primitive camp for two days. I'm
thinking for an alt slant you could scan the pinhole negatives and print them
out out on vellum and contact print on cyanotype. I made cyanotype photograms
with the same group as fifth graders and they liked it but they loved the
pinhole cameras alot more. I have also made soda can pinhole cameras with kids
this age with success.

Let me know if you want more information.

Janet Neuhauser